M380-4 and M420-4
More power, greater comfort and a major upgrade in driver technology are the key benefits delivered by Kellands' new Multidrive M380-4 and M420-4.
The newest additions to the Multidrive fleet, the new M380-4 and M420-4 feature a Tier-4 compliant Cummins diesel engine that delivers a 19% boost in power, a 20% increase in torque and a reduction in fuel consumption of around 8%. It is available in 3.8m and 4.2m wheelbase options.
The Multidrive World Series cab provides the operator with a large, comfortable working environment. The unit is controlled and analysed through the Machine Control Unit (MCU) panel on the right hand side of the operator, with precise fingertip controls for the mounted implement within easy reach.
• NEW - Hydraulic cab mounting system with enhanced soundproofing and insulation, improves the working environment by reducing noise by 5dB, lowering vibration and increasing operator comfort.
• NEW - An innovative control console with a floating armrest moves with the position of the seat to deliver the best in comfort and precision.
Noise reduction is assisted by an electro-viscous cooling fan which also increases available engine power and improves fuel economy. Lower fan speeds also reduce the amount of dust and pollen pulled into the engine and transmisson cooling pack.
Fast and comfortable
Using a new 225hp Cummins lean-burn diesel engine (Peak 230hp), the Multidrive is powerful, economical and environmentally friendly. Fully compliant with European Tier-4 / Stage IV legislation the new engine will slash emissions by around 90%.
The engine is linked to a ZF Power-shift gearbox, with power transferred to the mechanical drive axles, which are equipped with independent hydraulic brakes.
• NEW - The transmission is now canbus controllled and linked to the engine resulting in smoother gear shifts.
• NEW - Air suspension now comes as standard with the front Articul-air system - delivering a safe and comfortable maximum speed of 50km/h, with the ability to carry up to 10 tonnes.
In the field
In the field, the operator can use this power and sure footing to great effect. With 7-mode steering and large diameter wheel gear, the Multidrive offers excellent traction, stability and low ground pressure. This results in crop and soil structure damage being kept to a minimum. With its excellent field of vision and easy to use controls, the Multidrive makes easy work of even the most difficult conditions.
Its Mechanical Drive technology offers best-in-class traction - delivering power to all four wheels simultaneously for better grip and enabling operators to work safely in challenging conditions.
• NEW - Improved rear steering with smoother operation, more safety features, greater reliability and more operating modes
• NEW - Major increase in engine torque deliver best-in-class traction
As well as being able to carry large capacity spray packs, the Multidrive also has the ability to carry a wide range of implements. This results in a machine that can not only spray chemicals, but also apply both liquid and solid fertilisers. Mounting and demounting of the implement is a quick and simple job, demount legs are available as an option and all connections are fitted with quick releases.
The new M380-4 and M420-4 feature multi-functional on-board computer systems and a high-visibility full-colour display with real-time performance and diagnostic information at a glance.
• NEW - Joystick with easy-access thumb controls to enable operators to make a smooth changeover between manual and automatic transmission and gives precise control over rear axle steering, cruise control and implements.
• NEW - Onboard diagnostics show engine, transmission and machine faults in plain and simple English to assist in fault tracing without the need for specialist laptops and software.
• NEW - Driver’s pack features reversing and nose cameras; electric mirrors; and additional bonnet lamps for greater safety and productivity.
• NEW - Software system allows operators to finely configure steering and transmission settings to match personal preferences and field conditions – all from the comfort of the cab.
- 2 Wheel Steering – For use on the road and in the field, offers precise front wheel steering only. The rear wheels automatically re-align when selecting this option
- 4 Wheel steering – Selecting 4 wheel steer allows full power front and rear steering, ensuring precise tracking in confined spaces and tight headland turns
- Delay mode steering – Especially useful for travelling in tramlines, this option allows only the front wheels to steer until a preset angle is reached, only then the rear wheels follow. Allows minor corrections to be made on straights, while maintaining the capability of the machine to perform tight turns
- Crab steering – This mode is predominantly used for preventing side slip on steep inclines. A secondary use is to provide individual wheel markings to reduce soil compaction on soft ground
- New - Offset steering mode - delivers better traction and precise control when working on hillsides. Reduces soil compaction when working on soft cultivated ground
- New - Headland mode - automatically switches from selected steering mode to 4WS for headland turns
Multidrive is a dedicated specialist load carrier and hauler. Each model has high payload to unladen weight, high capacity and a mechanical drive- line for efficiency and simplicity
- 10 tonne payload on a true flat-bed
- Large volume capable of carrying up to- 5,000 litre sprayer, 8 tonne spreader hopper
- Up to 18 tonnes legal trailer hauling
- Capability to carry and haul simultaneously
The new M380-4 and M420-4 feature a lean and mean Cummins diesel engine, which delivers an outstanding combination of power, strength and high torque reserves, whilst maintaining excellent fuel efficiency.
- High torque, Cummins 225hp engine (230hp peak).
- ZF Power-shift gearbox with power transferred to mechanical drive axles.
- 50km/h maximum speed
- Full trailing arm suspension to front and rear axles with air suspension.
A wide range of optional equipment is available from Multidrive, such as demountable sprayers and spreaders or from a growing list of approved suppliers of crop protection and ancillary equipment.
- Wide choice of wheel/tyre combinations from 300 to 750mm wide row crop or flotation
- 4 or 6 pin, detachable frame system integrates with a wide variety of spraying and spreading packs
- Towbar and optional outboard hydraulic linkage
- Automatic pick-up hitch
- Choice of PTO systems
Heavy duty front and rear steering axles are specified to provide safe and reliable carrying of heavy loads. Strong differentials and four planet hub reduction gears are used, to enable full engine power to be transmitted reliably to the wheels.
- Simple to operate
- 4-wheel, 7-mode steering system
- Low ground pressure
- High traction 4-wheel drive
- High manoeuvrability
- Ground hugging suspension system
Inboard oil immersed multi-plate disc brakes ensure safe, reliable and powerful braking whilst carrying or hauling the largest of loads.
- Full roll-over protective cage with side escape door
- Automatic, adaptive transmission
- Independent hydraulic power braking to both axles
- Disc park brake with fully laden holding capability on 50% incline
- Unique easy-access engine compartment
The World Series safety cab with tinted glazing provides excellent protection with panoramic vision. An efficient climate control air conditioning system enhances the operator environment for higher comfort and productivity.
- Air suspension
- Ergonomically designed cab layout
- Outstanding visibility
- Climate control air conditioning
- Trailing arm and coil spring suspension
|Chassis||3.8 and 4.2 metre wheel base
Purpose built ladder type with DOMEX high tensile steel C-Sections & Bolted cross members
4 or 6 point quick-attach implement mounting system
|Engine||Cummins 225hp QSB6.7 litre
225 hp/168 kw @ 2300 r.p.m
Peak power 230hp (172kw) @2,000 r.p.m
949Nm/700 lb/ft @ 1500 r.p.m
40cfm Turbo-charged intercooled air compressor
|Transmission||ZF 6WG160 fully automatic with torque converter lock-up & manual over-ride
Six forward & three reverse gears operated with single lever control
Electrically operated 2/4WD select
Front wheel drive disconnect
Hydraulic parking brake
Lockable centre diff and parking brake
|Axles||Heavy duty front and rear steering with switch operated differential locks
Planetary reduction hubs and dual circuit power operated multi-plate oil immersed brakes
72” – 80” track
|Steering||7-function Four-Wheel-Steering system
2WS, 4WS, Crab, Delay, Manual, Offset
|Suspension||Articul-air suspension system with front and rear self-levelling air suspension
A-frame trailing arm front and H-frame trailing arm rear
Heavy duty shock absorbers
|Hydraulic system||Hydraulic PTO flow control system with in-cab electronic control
Load sensing 45cc + 33cc gear pump. PTO output with in-cab controls
1 x D/A spool valve, diverter valve & kit to suit implement electro-hydraulic system
Side mounted oil tank with filter & gauge
|Cab||World series mid-mounted cab with all-round tinted glass for panoramic vision
Climate controlled air conditioning
DAB Stereo/CD player with Bluetooth
KAB suspension seat with lap belt & arm rests
Adjustable steering column
MCU TFT instrument dispaly and control system
digital dash instrument display
Control console for implement control gear
Large electric side mirrors with adjustable arms
Aerolite twin LED flashing beacon
Wide/deep anti-slip access steps
|Additional||Stainless steel exhaust pipe
300-litre side mounted fuel tank
Front & rear road lights
7-pin trailer lighting socket at rear
Automatic reversing camera with night vision
Additional bonnet lamps
|Tyre & fixed center wheels||Michelin Multibib 540/65 R30
Michelin Axiobib 620/75 R30
Michelin Axiobib 650/75 R30
Michelin MachXbib 710/55 R30
Alliance 385 18.4 R34
Michelin Multibib 600/65 R34
Kleber Super-3 300/95 R46
Michelin Agribib 340/85 R46
Michelin Agribib 380/90 R46
Michelin SprayBib 380/90 R46
|Optional equipment||Uprated hydraulic systems and oil coolers.
Additional hydraulic spool valves.
Automatic regulating PTO outputs.
Range of drawbars or hydraulic pick-up hitches.
Hydraulic and/or air trailer brake systems.
Alternative mudguards to suit particular wheels & tyres.
Instrument mounting bracket – in cab.
Carbon cab filters (in-lieu of standard card filters).
Bolt on step extension.
Galvanized chassis finish.
Stainless steel fuel & hydraulic tanks.
Rear work lights.
|Load capacity||10,000kg including implement & product
18,000kg Hauling Capacity
|Maximum speed||50 km/h